Vietcombank Opens the VAT Refund Desk at Noi Bai International Airport
Therefore, the foreigner visitors who make purchases worth min 2,000 VND could request to be refunded the VAT upon their departure from the two airports. The receipt for claiming VAT refund must not be more than 30 days from the date of departure.
However, only 85% of the VAT paid is refunded and in Vietnam Dong.
BIDV and Vietinbank are responsible for refunding the tax at Tan Son Nhat Airport while Vietcombank and Maritime Bank do this at Noi Bai Airport.
According to Mr Hoang Viet Cuong, deputy of the General Department of Customs, VAT refund will encourage foreigners to buy goods in Vietnam, contributing to develop tourism, export goods as well as promote Vietnamese culture. He also expressed that this pilot program will be extended to the international border at air, sea and other roads.
- Hue Festival 2014 features unique night market (2014-03-10)
- Danang in top ten of must-see destinations in Asia (2014-03-26)
- 2014 Hue Festival to feature 68 art troupes (2014-04-10)
- The First Capsule Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City (2014-04-15)
- Conde Nast readers love Hoi An (2013-10-31)