More foreign tourists flock to Vietnam
In the past seven months, the country received more than 3.8 million overseas travelers, up 10.8 percent over last year’s January-July period.
The 7-month figures helped the tourism industry meet 59 percent of its set target to welcome 6.5 million foreign visitors in 2012.
However, there was a sharp drop in the number of Chinese tourists over the past two months, after a steady rise earlier this year.
Also in the reviewed period, the number of Vietnamese tourists visiting the Republic of Korea increased dramatically by 37.9 percent, and those to Malaysia went up 24 percent, Thailand up 22.7 percent, and Japan up 21.4 percent.
Meanwhile, the number of Vietnamese traveling to Cambodia, Australia and the US fell remarkably.
- Hue Festival 2014 features unique night market (2014-03-10)
- Danang in top ten of must-see destinations in Asia (2014-03-26)
- 2014 Hue Festival to feature 68 art troupes (2014-04-10)
- The First Capsule Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City (2014-04-15)
- Conde Nast readers love Hoi An (2013-10-31)