Mu Cang Chai’s golden terraces
Mu Cang Chai District, Yen Bai Province, is currently washed with yellow-ripened paddy terrace fields, creating a stunning landscape.
Mu Cang Chai District, located at the foot of Hoang Lien Son Mountain Range is home to many different ethnic minority groups such as the Mong, Dao and Thai. The terrace fields in the communes of La Pan Tan, Cu Che Nha and De Xu Phinh are recoganised as national landscapes by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
Before travelling to Mu Cang Chai, visitors traverse Khau Pha Pass which is famous for its green rice or Com, a specialty of the Thai ethnic minority people. Here, you can also enjoy bathing in hot springs.
Travelling through Nam Phat, La Pan Tan, De Xu Phinh and Mang Mu are yellow-ripened paddy terrace field stretching down the mountain sides. Houses and sentry boxes lie between the fields.
- Hue Festival 2014 features unique night market (2014-03-10)
- Danang in top ten of must-see destinations in Asia (2014-03-26)
- 2014 Hue Festival to feature 68 art troupes (2014-04-10)
- The First Capsule Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City (2014-04-15)
- Conde Nast readers love Hoi An (2013-10-31)